Greenville SC Real Estate Trends for the 2013 and the 2014 outlook
The Greenville MLS Statistics for 2013 showed much improvement over 2012 and may give us a glimpse of what’s to come in 2014.
The following is a snapshot of the local housing market in 2012 compared to 2013. These are actual numbers recorded in the Greenville MLS (GGAR) Jan 1 2012-Dec 31 2012 verses Jan 1 2013-Dec 31 2013.
- Units sold in 2013 were 9465 compared to 7695 in 2012. This is an increase of 23%.
- The average list price for 2012 was $185,377 with an average sold price of $176,784. Greenville SC home sales showed much improvement in 2013 with the average list price of $189,560 and an average sold price of $182,173.
- The average number of days a listed home stayed on the market (Average Days on Market or DOM) in 2012 was 61 days. This improved in 2013 to 51 days. Its great to see this number under 60 days or 2 months.
- The 7695 Units sold in Greenville SC for 2012 went for a total $1,360,357,684 (total sales price).
- The 9465 Units sold in 2013 totaled $1,724,273,356.
This Greenville SC MLS “Solds” 12 Month Comparison gives us a good idea of where the local Real Estate Market Is headed in 2014. The Greenville SC Jobs Market looks more promising each day with BMW manufacturing expanding its local operations, Michelin building a new production facility, and many other businesses opening in and around our beautiful Downtown.
If you are interested in the Greenville SC Real Estate Market, interested in buying or selling a home or condo, or have a Real Estate question please feel free to give me a call at 864-275-7153.
By: Shom Kostyra
Jonathan Kostyra, Realtor and RE Broker in Charge for Carolina Realty Assoc.