21 Pinckney Street, Greenville SC, 29601 MLS® #1388299
Home in Hampton-Pinckney Historic Greenville SC
Be a part of Greenville history in this thoughtfully restored and renovated home, located within Greenville's vibrant, award-winning downtown. 21 Pinckney Street is an easy walk to everything downtown has to offer, from shops and restaurants to the Peace Center, Heritage Green, and Unity Park. This gracious home, one of Greenville's oldest and most historic, is located in the prestigious Hampton-Pinckney Historic Preservation Area, Greenville’s first National Register District. Known for its impressive concentration of Greenville's oldest and most Victorian and Craftsman architecture, this downtown neighborhood dates back to antebellum Greenville. Today it is considered one of Greenville's most inviting neighborhoods, where residents often gather to enjoy each other's company at informal get-togethers as well as scheduled neighborhood events. This extraordinary house was originally constructed in 1835. Known as the W.P. McBee home, it was the residence of William Pinckney McBee (the son of Vardry McBee, the “Father of Greenville”) and his wife Harriet Butler McBee. From the moment you step foot on the inviting front porch (52’ x 10’) spanning the façade, you’ll be captivated by this respectfully restored home. Once inside the stained-glass front door, you’ll be surrounded by elegant historic detailing enhanced with modern amenities in an extremely functional floor plan. Numerous windows provide an abundance of natural light throughout grand, freshly painted rooms with soaring 10-foot ceilings and heart pine flooring. A wide (36' x 12') foyer provides a welcoming central hall on the first floor. The living room, dining room and downstairs office all feature fireplaces. Adjacent to the dining room is an updated kitchen with spectacular views of the landscaped grounds. Certified by the National Wildlife Federation as a Backyard Habitat, the private backyard paradise is populated with dozens of native plants and includes a lovely custom pergola and patio and a stone water feature. Upstairs there are three generous bedrooms including the master bedroom and bath with his and hers closets, a Jacuzzi tub, separate shower, and double lavatories. This floor also features a family/TV room and a charming screened porch overlooking the backyard oasis. The home's numerous updates include a modern electrical system, a tankless water heater, and a whole house generator. Over eighteen solar panels were added to the Solaris roof in 2017. Most of the historic windows have been replaced with insulated glass. (To maintain the façade's historic integrity, original glass was left in the windows facing the street.) The driveway provides off-street parking with a covered carport. Don't miss this chance to live in a unique piece of Greenville's history just a short walk away from all the places and activities that make downtown Greenville so special today.
- MLS® #1388299
- Full Baths3
- Square Footage4,200-4,399
- Year Built1835
- Sub-TypeSingle Family-Detached
- StatusContingency Contract
- AmenitiesHistoric Area, Lights, Some Sidewalks
- ParkingCarport 1 Car
- GaragesCarport 1 Car
- Exterior FeaturesPatio, Porch-Front, Porch-Screened, Sprklr In Grnd-Full Yard, Generator
- Lot DescriptionFenced Yard, Level, Sidewalk, Some Trees
- FoundationCrawl Space
- Listing AgentJane Mccutcheon
- Listing OfficeColdwell Banker Caine/williams
- Address21 Pinckney Street
- SubdivisionHampton-Pinckney Historic
- Zip Code29601
- InteriorCeramic Tile, Hardwood, Pine
- Interior FeaturesAttic Stairs Disappearing, Bookcase, Cable Available, Ceiling 9ft+, Ceiling Fan, Ceiling Smooth, Smoke Detector, Some Window Trtmnts, Tub-Jetted, Walk In Closet, Countertops-Other, Ceiling – Coffered
- AppliancesDishwasher, Disposal, Stand Alone Range-Gas, Refrigerator, Oven-Electric, Microwave-Built In
- HeatingForced Air, Multi-Units, Natural Gas, Solar
- CoolingCentral Forced, Electric, Multi-Units
- # of Fireplaces3
- FireplacesGas Logs, Masonry
Listings provided courtesy of the Greater Greenville Association of REALTORS®, Copyright 2019.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Listing information last updated on August 25th, 2019 at 11:01am EDT.