43 E Howard Street, Tryon NC, 28782 MLS® #1390502
Home in None Tryon NC
Rare offering of an iconic property, Tryon's historic Toy House. Both of the cottages are currently set up for residence, but the property is in the central business district and can be returned to use as a business or short or long term rentals. The Toy House retains it's original fireplace with Mother Goose Tiles and carved walnut mantle along with carved beams in the living room's cathedral ceiling. There are many intricate touches throughout the house that are unique to the fairy tale image it was meant to present. The guest house has it's own address, #51 and was originally used as the workshop for creating the toys and has 728 SF of living space including a kitchen, bedroom, bath and living/dining room along with a deck. It also has it's own independent utilities. The original stone steps and walkways remain, plus city water and sewer and it is an easy walk to anywhere in down town Tryon in just minutes!
- MLS® #1390502
- Full Baths1
- Square Footage1,200-1,399
- Sub-TypeSingle Family-Detached
- ExteriorMasonry Stucco, Wood
- Exterior FeaturesNone
- Lot DescriptionLevel, Sloped Gently, Some Trees
- RoofComposition Shingle
- FoundationCrawl Space
- Listing AgentRoberta Heinrich
- Listing OfficeWalker, Wallace & Emerson Rlty
- Address43 E Howard Street
- Zip Code28782
- InteriorCeramic Tile, Hardwood, Vinyl
- Interior FeaturesCable Available, Ceiling 9ft+, Ceiling Fan, Ceiling Cathedral/Vaulted, Ceiling Smooth, Sky Lights, In-Law Suite
- AppliancesDishwasher, Dryer, Refrigerator, Washer, Stand Alone Rng-Electric
- HeatingForced Air, Natural Gas
- CoolingCentral Forced, Electric
- # of Fireplaces1
- FireplacesGas Logs
- StoriesOne and 1/2
- ElementaryTryon St
- MiddlePolk County Middle
- HighPolk County
Listings provided courtesy of the Greater Greenville Association of REALTORS®, Copyright 2019.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Listing information last updated on August 20th, 2019 at 7:46pm EDT.