990 Hunting Country Road, Tryon NC, 28782 MLS® #1391759
Home in None Tryon NC
Exceptionally built and well-maintained log home in the heart of horse country! Deceivingly large home with over 5000 square feet of heated/cooled square footage! The private lot is surrounded by trees and has plenty of open space to garden, have pets, or to let the kids/grandkids play! There is even a small rear fenced area for the family dog! This historic wormy chestnut log home was originally on Hogback Mountain and was disassembled and reassembled on this site. The logs have been immaculately preserved over the years. You enter into a kitchen that overlooks the front driveway. A large island houses a Jen Air downdraft cooktop. There is an ultra quiet Bosch dishwasher and double ovens in the wall. The golden butcher block countertops are gleaming and built to last a lifetime! Along with beams running the full length of the ceiling, a beautiful stone fireplace is also in the kitchen with enough room for a breakfast table in front. A staircase is found next to the fireplace that leads to a private bedroom with vaulted ceilings, plenty of windows, and exposed beams. The sunroom off the kitchen will be a perfect spot for morning coffee and bird watching. The grand great room is expansive! Exposed beams, rock from the backside of the kitchen fireplace, straw decoratively placed in the ceilings, double ceiling fans, and tons of natural light flood this room that was meant for entertaining! The main level master suite has so much space! There are three closets and there is even a private office located off the master which attaches to a deck that connects on the other side to the sunroom! There are three separate staircases that go to the basement level, so no matter where you are in the home, you can get downstairs quickly. The basement has a large unfinished but conditioned space that is perfect for storage and a workshop, a full bathroom to service the workshop area, and a master suite. The downstairs master will be a great place for a caretaker's residence, family visiting from out of town, or imagine the Air BnB rental potential. This large, cozy bedroom has a gorgeous rock fireplace, access to a full bath with twelve person sauna, washer/dryer connections, access to another space for dining/relaxing, and a “grotto” fully equipped with a hot tub! The two and a half car garage, and has barn style doors that open up to the fenced area. Seller has installed plenty of storage beside the garage for garden tools (23x7). A 22KW Generac whole house generator serviced by a 320 gallon dedicated propane tank will assure you will not be without power during a storm! Other highlights include: two water heaters, two HVACs, built in shelving in Great Room, one spiral staircase, cedar closet in the basement, Charter/Spectrum high-speed internet, cased windows, and basement sitting room. You will be amazed by all this home has to offer! Must be seen in person to be appreciated - pictures do not do it justice!
- MLS® #1391759
- Full Baths4
- Square Footage3,000-3,199
- Year Built1985
- Sub-TypeSingle Family-Detached
- ParkingDoor Opener, Workshop, Yard Door, Attached Garage 2 Cars
- GaragesDoor Opener, Workshop, Yard Door, Attached Garage 2 Cars
- Exterior FeaturesDeck, Hot Tub, Patio, Porch-Front, Porch-Screened, Porch-Other, Generator
- Lot DescriptionFenced Yard, Level, Sloped Gently, Some Trees
- FoundationCrawl Space, Basement
- Listing AgentSandy Clayton
- Listing OfficeKeller Williams Grv Upst
- Address990 Hunting Country Road
- Zip Code28782
- InteriorCeramic Tile, Hardwood
- Interior Features2nd Stair Case, Bookcase, Ceiling 9ft+, Ceiling Fan, Ceiling Blown, Ceiling Cathedral/Vaulted, Sauna, Sky Lights, Countertops-Other, In-Law Suite
- AppliancesCook Top-Dwn Draft, Cook Top-Smooth, Dishwasher, Disposal, Oven(s)-Wall, Double Oven
- HeatingElectric, Forced Air, Multi-Units
- CoolingCentral Forced, Electric, Multi-Units
- # of Fireplaces2
- FireplacesWood Burning Fireplace
- MiddlePolk County Middle
- HighPolk County
Listings provided courtesy of the Greater Greenville Association of REALTORS®, Copyright 2019.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Listing information last updated on October 22nd, 2019 at 1:16pm EDT.