150 Stokes Place, Long Creek SC, 29658 MLS® #1404110
Home in None Long Creek SC
"River Oaks" estate offers 126 acres in the rolling foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, having the privacy of the natural landscape, grasslands, a 5 acre fish pond, a vast forest with abundant wildlife and spectacular views. Located 10 miles from Walhalla and Westminster, SC, 20 miles to Clayton, GA, 1/2 mile to the Chattooga River and 5 miles to Lake Hartwell. More than just an ordinary log house, this engineered masterpiece of top quality craftsmanship and design starts with old growth, 75 foot timbers, some as wide as 40 inches in diameter, that were perfectly preserved over 75 years at the bottom of Lake Burton in the north Georgia Mountains. The massive living room's vaulted ceiling, upon entering, rises to 25 feet and at the rear is a 12 foot wide stacked stone fireplace. To the left, the kitchen is dressed with Dovetail of New England cherry and maple cabinetry with granite counters and Viking appliances. The well positioned wet bar or butler's pantry opens to an outside covered porch with enough room to seat twelve for dinner along with an outdoor rock fireplace for cozy cool nights. All windows and doors throughout are made of solid South Carolina Heart Pine. The main floor master suite features a large walk-in shower, separate soaking tub and access to another large private deck. Two guest bedrooms upstairs each have their own private bathrooms and in-between, a large loft that overlooks the main floor. The bottom floor is game day ready with it's "pub-style" atmosphere. Plenty of room for billiards and darts, wet bar, and a stone-hearth fireplace. Each of the two basement bedrooms have their own private bath. Outside the house, there are six outdoor living areas to enjoy. Depending on the breeze or sun direction, each area has a unique view of the natural surroundings. Nearly 80% of the land is heavily wooded with oaks, poplar, maples, pines and dogwood. There are colorful mountain laurels, azaleas and rhododendron. Some of the land is set as cow pasture. Mountain streams run through several parts of the property. A fishing lake was created and it has a nice population of bass and bream. There are two additional log cabins on the property from the 1840's - dating back to the original settlers of the area.
- MLS® #1404110
- Full Baths5
- Half Baths2
- Square Footage7000+
- Year Built2006
- Sub-TypeSingle Family-Detached
- ParkingCarport 3+ Cars
- GaragesCarport 3+ Cars
- Exterior FeaturesDeck, Patio, Porch-Wrap Around, Satellite Dish, Sprklr In Grnd-Partial Yd, Windows-Thermal, Barn/Stall, Generator
- Lot DescriptionCreek, Mountain View, Pond, Wooded
- Listing AgentJim Fritzsche
- Listing OfficeBhhs C Dan Joyner - Pelham
- Address150 Stokes Place
- CityLong Creek
- Zip Code29658
- InteriorCarpet, Ceramic Tile, Pine
- Interior FeaturesBookcase, Ceiling 9ft+, Ceiling Fan, Ceiling Cathedral/Vaulted, Countertops Granite, Open Floor Plan, Security System Owned, Smoke Detector, Some Window Trtmnts, Walk In Closet, Wet Bar, Pantry – Walk In
- AppliancesCook Top-Smooth, Dishwasher, Oven-Self Cleaning, Oven(s)-Wall, Refrigerator, Oven-Electric, Microwave-Built In, Microwave-Convection
- HeatingForced Air, Propane Gas
- CoolingCentral Forced, Electric, Multi-Units
- # of Fireplaces3
- FireplacesWood Burning Fireplace
- HighWest Oak
Listings provided courtesy of the Greater Greenville Association of REALTORS®, Copyright 2020.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Listing information last updated on January 18th, 2020 at 9:46pm EST.